Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sieg Uber Die Sonne


SIEG UBER DIE SONNE - +1 (Multicolor Germany)

"You better send me home" MP3

Buy it here

Having friends who have similar musical interests make life so much more fun. My friend Evan had been hyping this Sieg Uber Die Sonne album for a minute now and he was right. I finally got around to picking it up and I can't get "you better send me home" out of my head. I also really like the 12"of "hot" remixed by Swag. They have a midtempo funky sound which has both elements of modern tech house and also 1980's electrofunk. It seems like every week there is a new German artist blowing my mind and they sure are not showing any signs of slowing down.
The track I chose "You Better Send Me Home" has a hypnotic melody and some really interesting sounding vocal samples. The effect on the keys is tweaked nicely and I love how the bassline drops out and comes back in towards the end.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sickest.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of these guys and really like it. It has a trippy effect