Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Lost Highway revisited



Smashing Pumpkins- "Eye" MP3

I watched David Lynch's Lost Highway again over the weekend. I am so obsessed with David Lynch and I love everything he has done. Lost Highway is a strange one and the film is basically a rock and roll puzzle piece of subjective, often disturbing art. One of Lynch's traits that I adore is his use of sound. Whether it be the loud, abrasive sounds he uses during a scary scene, or the ambience created by Angelo Badalamenti, it always fits perfectly. Lynch went above and beyond himself when he asked Trent Reznor to produce the soundtrack to Lost Highway. One of the best soundtracks of all time with great tracks by NIN, David Bowie, Rammstein, Badalamenti, and a great tune by Smashing Pumpkins. The Pumpkins tune, "Eye", is one of my favorite songs by them and Billy's voice sounds great over the electronic beat. This is by no means a new or rare track, but it is a great song that you probably forgot you had.

You can buy the Lost Highway soundtrack at any of your favorite local shops.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you goth, silver?

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I wanted to share this with you. Are you tired of the Internet Marketing Rat Race? business chocolate home made start


Check this out when you have time :-)

Mike said...

I was looking for information about best buy portable dvd and it looks like I came to the right place to find it. Thanks for the information about best buy portable dvd. Please visit our site which also has information about best buy portable dvd. You might even like to buy the domain name.

Anonymous said...

We found a simple and easy way to get infomation on [swinger web]. If you are into [swinger web] like my wife and I then you will want to go to [swinger web] to get the latest info.

Anonymous said...

New texas hold em poker supply

Anonymous said...

Consider the power of being able to create incoming links to your site any time you want them...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about adoption hurricane katrina pet. I have a website about adoption hurricane katrina pet which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

Anonymous said...

putting to waste some good money that could have been used in other areas of development for the business involved.